First of all, I just wanted to wish everyone out there reading this a very Merry Christmas! As we unwrap gifts, eat good food, snack on delicious treats, and enjoy family and friends let’s be mindful of the story behind this very special holiday. Let’s consider Luke chapter 2 for today’s scripture text.
9. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14. Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15. And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.Luke 2:9-15, KJV
So again, Merry Christmas…and Happy New Year. I leave you with this ageless classic carol. Remember, glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward all.